Wednesday, February 23, 2011

1st Week of Art

This is my first year in the Valley View School District 365, and I am so excited to meet my new art students at Independence, Tibbott, and McGee Elementary Schools.

The first week of art class I introduced myself and began to learn about each school and the different classes that I meet with each week.

For our first lesson I introduced the book, The Dot, by Peter H. Reynolds

The Dot is about a little girl named Vashti who has lost all confidence in her artistic abilities. It's not until her teacher encourages her to, "Just make a mark and see where it takes you," that Vashti begins to see that one little dot can mark the beginning of something beautiful. Below is a PowerPoint presentation that I shared with the students. They were then instructed to create their own piece of artwork beginning with only a dot.



Presentation_the-dot

No comments: